Vision and Goal
The Tai Chi for Health Education and Research Center is established with the purpose of distributing Tai Chi for health program to many people in need for health promotion, and of conducting collaborating research with national and international research team to accumulate scientific evidence of the Tai Chi for health programs.
The role of our center is to provide the opportunity to practice Tai Chi for health program to those who suffer from various chronic diseases or stressful environment in our daily life so that they can effectively manage the health problems and promote their health.
The main purposes of the center are to
- provide Tai Chi for health program to meet the specific health needs for vaious population.
- conduct Tai Chi related research activities.
- exchange research and academic activities with national and international scholars.
- maintain the close link to Tai Chi for health instutute (TCHI).
Major research grants
- Development of Tai Chi application self-help management program for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis patients to practice and application(The National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant)
- Development and evaluation of a step-by-step function improvement program based on cerebrovascular disease symptom cluster: a hybrid research method approach(The National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant)
- Development and effectiveness of community-based cardiac rehabilitation program for patients with coronary artery disease(The National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant)
- Development of Motivational Behavior Modification Program Based on Preference of Subjects with Metabolic Syndrome and Short- and Long-Term Evaluation: Hybrid Study Design (The National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant)
- Community-based cardiocerebrovascular disease prevention and management project - Sejong-city (Korea-CDC)
- Establishment and evaluation of Active Aging integration project for successful aging of the frail elderly living in the community(The National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant).